Sunday, March 22, 2015

Cute French T-shirt DIY



The lovely weather we've been having has made me feel the need for cute short sleeved shirts, but unfortunately my bank account hasn't been very agreeable lately.

I've seen cute DIY t-shirts like this one all over Pinterest, calling for everything from sharpies to iron-on fabric to complete cutesy french phrases. Since a trip to Michael's would kind of defeat the frugal point of this DIY, I found some sparkly silver fabric paint in my cupboard which worked really nicely- I love sparkles, so  I'm excited to wear this!



What you need:
  • A white t-shirt to decorate
  • Fabric paint in a color that makes you happy, and a paintbrush
  • Cardboard or a notebook
  • A short french phrase, or phrase in another foreign language that you like
Put your cardboard inside of your shirt so that it lays flat underneath the area you are going to paint. You might have to pull it tight around the back of the cardboard, so that the part of the shirt you are painting on is stretched taught.



Like so.

Then paint!


I just free-handed "Ciao Bella" (Hey Beautiful), but if sketching it out in pencil first works better for you, go for it. Wait a few minutes after you're done before applying a second coat.

Once you're finished painting, let your shirt dry flat for 4+ hours, and wait a total of 72 hours before washing it, with cold water and inside-out.

Then go find a cute skirt to pair it with and hope for spring (and regret all of the money that you spent on coffee a little less) !


Ciao, Bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment